This is my youTube music top ten for August 2013:
10. MIA is back! Love it!
9. Kitty Pryde! I don't think I need to say more...
8. Robyn...how did I miss this one?
7.Iggy...she's austrailian, right?
6. Miss A...Kpop reminds of the boy/girl bands I loved in the 80's and 90's...but better! Miss A is my favorite kpop group this week.
5. Cat Stevens -- this one always makes me think of my two boys..
4. Regina Spektor -- There are times when I forget that there are people all over the earth that I never see. They live their lives likeI do. They struggle, love, hate, and have their own little quirks. I think Regina reminds us of all of this in this song.
3. Bjork -- I've been married nearly 10 years now. We wake up next to each other every day, talk, laugh, raise our children, but we struggle and cope differently. I think Bjork conveys all that in HyperBallad. "I go through all this before you wake up, so I can feel happier to be safe with you!" And this is live Bjork...just awesome!
2. Beatles (Across the Universe Soundtrack, not really the Beatles, but I think the cast does a great cover) -- sometimes we need a reminder that there is still beauty in the world, especially with everything that happens every day.
1. Beatles again (for real this time) -- There are some songs that you hear and it just feels right.